Your resume: that illusive, mysterious document that is so critical to the growth of your career. Within a short one to two pages, you need to convey your relevant experience, education, and talents while highlighting achievements that resonate with the hiring manager. Not only that, you also need to capture the right key words to get through the HR screening process. It’s no wonder that most resumes fall short – up to 75% of resumes fail to impress the key decision makers.
Fortunately, our team of experienced writers and career coaches know what it takes to succeed in the modern job market.
What kind of resumes do we write?
The Personal Touch Career Services writes resumes for nearly any and all industries in the United States and around the globe. Since 2009, we have helped literally thousands of job seekers with new resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and cover letters.
Here are some of some of the industries we serve:
- Executive and Management
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device
- Sales and Marketing
- Information Technology (IT/IS)
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resources
- Oil and Gas
- Logistics and Transportation
- Law Enforcement, Security, and Personal Protection
- Entertainment, Sports, and Broadcasting
- Creative and Specialty Industries
- Federal and Government
- Former and present Military (with a 10% discount)
- Private Service and Luxury Lifestyle Management (additional fees apply)
Key Word Research to Get Past the ATS
In the modern job search, using the right key words is essential to surviving the screening process and being found by recruiters. Human Resources uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to manage their flood of candidates, and those systems rely heavily on the key words within the job description. Part of our process is to identify the critical key words for your specific industry and target job.
Wondering how your resume and LinkedIn profile stacks up against the competition?
How It Works
Unlike an anonymous online resume service, we take the time to get to know you. We start with a questionnaire, then we conduct a personal interview for 30 to 45 minutes to fully understand your work history and career goals. Using our systematic approach, we research the relevant key words for your particular target job. After receiving your draft documents, we do up to two rounds of editing to make sure your resume is perfect.
Resume Package Includes:
- Comprehensive personal interview (30-45 minutes)
- Your choice of resume format
- Resume and LinkedIn Profile
- Word and PDF versions of your new resume
- Two edits within 30 days of receipt of drafts
What about cover letters?
Our 2017 survey of HR professionals showed that only 50% of HR departments are interested in the traditional cover letter. In fact, up to 40% won’t even ask for them or have a way to upload it in the application process.
We do still offer cover letters as an optional item for $75, which are suitable for emailing to hiring managers as well as submitting to HR. Don’t need a LinkedIn profile? You can swap it out in your package for a cover letter and references page.
The rumors are true:
- 90% of recruiters and HR professionals use LinkedIn to hire candidates.
- Over 6.5 million jobs are posted on LinkedIn.
- 48% of recruiters use LinkedIn as their only social media platform.
- More employers are allowing candidates to apply with their LinkedIn profiles, even on their own websites.
Our breakthrough course, “Using LinkedIn to Get a Job Without Going Crazy”
Unlike some writing services, we will actually train you in how to use LinkedIn for your maximum benefit. After all, having a beautiful profile won’t really help you if you don’t know how to use the website!
We include unlimited access to our “Using LinkedIn” course with every LinkedIn profile. Featuring over 2 hours of video, screencasts, lectures, and written content, this self-directed class will take your job search to the next level – including tracking down and connecting with hiring managers.