I am always getting asked about who are the best agencies to work with. To help answer these questions, The Personal Touch Career Services is starting a series of Agency Spotlights to help job seekers find out more about placement agencies in the private service industry.
If you would like your agency featured, please contact Donna at email@example.com or call 720-341-8229.
Our inaugural agency is Mom’s Best Friend Agency, and their president, Kathy Dupuy:
1. How long have you been in business?
17 years (since August of 1994)
2. What makes your agency unique?
- Comprehensive household staffing for the needs of all generations
- A 10-step screening process for candidates
- Fantastic customer service and responsiveness from veteran, experienced staff
- Professional employment tools and ongoing trainings
- Post-placement support for reviews, industry advice and problem resolution
3. What types of positions do you place?
Nannies and babysitters, household staff (personal assistants, housekeepers, chefs, household managers, etc), and senior caregivers
4. What is your ideal candidate?
Our top quality we seek is that they are service-hearted. They must have a true desire to make their employer’s life easier, and find enjoyment in doing so. Beyond that, it is a combination of great experience (with verifiable, excellent references), relevant education (if required), professionalism, and a clear background check.
5. Do you place across the country or locally? If so where?
We have offices (and place) in Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Vail/Aspen.
6. Do you look for any special training or certifications, such as college degrees, private service schools, etc.
We feel that experience and stellar references are the true testimony to their abilities. Having an applicable education (such as a degree in Elementary Education, or a training through a private service industry school) is a bonus. Some clients will choose to provide us with minimum educational requirements. (Note: CPR / 1st Aid training is required for all child caregivers.)
7. Where do you announce your open jobs?
Our website, Facebook, personal calls/emails to candidates available for placement
8. How should a candidate apply for a job? Do you want an online application, resume or both?
We ask candidates to complete an online application, then come in for an in-person interview. A resume is helpful but not mandatory as most of the information is requested through the online application.
9. Do you belong to any professional associations?
Yes, I am a member and serve on the board of directors for the Association of Premier Nanny Agencies, and we are a member of the International Nanny Association, the International Association for Private Service Professionals, and The Domestic Estate Managers Association. I am also on the board of advisors for the Priority Partner Program of Bright Horizons Back-Up Care Advantage Program.
10. How can people contact you?
Candidates and clients can contact us by phone or email or through our website: http://www.momsbestfriend.com/domestic-staff-placement-contact.aspx.